25 December 2009

Christmas time is hhheeeeerrree!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I cannot believe Christmas is already here. It seems like just yesterday it was Halloween! Christmas is probably my favorite holiday of the whole year...and not just because of the gift getting. Most of my favoritism for Christmas stems from the nostalgia I get during this time of year. I always remember what Christmas was when I was a child. It was about pulling out the tree, putting on ornaments while listening to Christmas music, wearing sweaters, singing songs, watching Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman, and being with family. I never really thought I would miss that stuff when I was younger and gradually got older. When I was a teenager I felt it was kind of lame. Well...not lame...just a lot of hassle I guess. I still enjoyed Christmas when I was a teenager, but I think I felt like I was being a child during those years. Now that I am a young adult, I find myself missing the times I had when I was a kid. I don't want to go back in time or anything, but I want Christmas to feel like Christmas again. Now don't get me wrong, today definitely felt like Christmas, but as I have now entered adulthood and no longer live with my parents...well...the events leading up to Christmas day are no longer there. I did try to rekindle some of that feeling though this year. One night Alanna and I put up the Christmas tree, and I enjoyed doing that so much. What once felt like a chore had now felt like something that had to be done, and I'm so glad it did. All I know is that I cannot wait until I one day have children so that I can instill the traditions and feelings of togetherness that my parents and family have instilled in me over these twenty-three years. And more importantly than that, I cannot wait to show my future children that the true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ who was sent to Earth by Lord the Father so that our sins may be forgiven and we may live with Him in eternity. It all comes down to that baby in the manger, and I am so thankful for that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment